I’m a runner and I keep on getting blisters on my one foot. The skin keeps on pealing. Fungi?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Two things

First, runners can certainly get fungal infections of the feet - athlete’s foot.
But that shouldn’t really blister. Second, blistering can occur from ill-fitting footwear; there could be a point of friction within the sneaker against your foot, and the back-and-forth friction as you run can lead to a blister.

In brief: Two things

Dr. Stanley Katz
Dermatology

In brief: Prob not

if you get true blisters on 1 foot, you might need to address the type of shoe you wear..
..might be helpful if you wear 2 socks on that foot....or even consider an orthotic. You can also try another type of running shoe or return the current shoe, if new , for another pair.

In brief: Prob not

Dr. Leon Schwechter
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Pressure ulcer

This is more likely from unequal pressures from new running shoes.
This is a case where a picture is worth of thousand words. Evaluation by a dermatologist would be the fastest route for correct diagnosis and treatment. Possibly a foot and ankle specialist or podiatrist

In brief: Pressure ulcer