I suffered from cold sore for a month. i went to doctor and he prescribed mupirocin cream for me. i am currently using this cream 3 times a day but my lips and skin around my mouth i very crackly since i used this medicine. can i use Vaseline too?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

Cold sores do not last a month.
So it was something else. Mupirocin is used for impetigo, not cold sores. Do you still have a sore? Using mupirocin ointment or cream? Change from mupirocin to vaseline. See dermatologist if persists more than a few days.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Cold sores do not last a month.
Dr. Karen Butler

In brief: ???

Why do you still have a canker sore 1 month later? If the same lesion is there you better return to doctor. For re-exam. Now yes you may use Vaseline for the dried lips works great

In brief: ???

Dr. Thomas Yash
She stated that she had a cold sore not canker sore. We are talking about herpes virus origin not autoimmune or reactionary. This might be different lesion according to meds.