I stopped taking klonopin for a while and now when I take it I get brain zaps and vertigo. Why would this suddenly happen? I took it for years no prob

Klonopin. Vertigo is one of the side effects of Klonopin. The longer you take Klonopin, the more tolerance you build up to the medication. When you stopped taking Klonopin, the tolerance to the medication goes down and you become more sensitive to the medication. It would be a good idea to speak with your prescribing physician about revisiting your Klonopin dosage, but definitely report your side effects.
Klonopin. I'm not sure what you mean by brain zaps. I'm not aware of klonopin causing true vertigo, although, like any long acting tranquilizer in its class, it can be a cause of lightheadedness. Perhaps you're no longer tolerating the dosage you were taking when you were taking it more regularly. Your prescribing physician and/or your pharmacist may be more helpful in answering your question?side effects.