Is it possible to get rid of acne with just one month of treatment with Accutane 10mgs? I've been taking it for a month but i'd rather stop. Should i?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Dose too low
For it to work you need to take an adequate dose 1 mg per kilo of.
Weight .Ideally a 132 lb person. Should be on 60 mg.The minimum dose is a half a mg per kilo or 30 mg for 132 lb. This shoul be for. 15-20 weeks. If you need the Accutane because nothing else worked stick with it and get the benefit. Discuss this with your dermatologist.

In brief: Dose too low
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
2 comments
Dr. Jennifer Haley
I agree that dosage should be higher and need at least 3 months to see effect. It is a truly effective medication that can have side effects but with proper monitoring and follow up with your Dr., most people have excellent results that are worth the blood tests and dryness.
Dr. Catherine Carroll
All acne medications take time to work, whether they are pills of creams. Be patient and wait a least a few months before you decide whether any acne treatment is working for you.