When should I expect my baby to start imitating sounds?

Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Between 4-7 months
By the seventh month your baby will likely imitate sounds.
Language in babies starts when they are newborns and are crying- there only form of expression at that point. They then move to cooing and ahhing, then babbling and imitating. Talk lots with your baby to help them develop their language.

In brief: Between 4-7 months
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Speech sounds by 1yr
Infants vocalize a variety of cooing sounds in the first months and may seem to take turns with you if you watch them close & coo back by 3-4 mo.
Babbling and musical changes in verbal expression come in by 6-7 mo and by 9-12 mo they can sound like they are speaking a foreign language.

In brief: Speech sounds by 1yr
Dr. Cindy Juster