I am experiencing shooting pains in my right leg and right testicle, mainly when laying down (quality: feels sharp or stabbing, persistent discomfort)?

In brief: See below

Shooting, stabbing, sharp pains affecting both the testicle and the leg usually due to some type of nerve irritation arising from the back or groin area.
Urological causes of testicular pain (kidney stones or infections/inflammations involving the prostate, testicle, or epididymis) usually are of a different character and do not radiate down the leg. Recommend thorough history and exam by an MD.

In brief: See below

Dr. Adam Smith