I stopped my birth control pills had withdrawal bleed then my normal 26day cycle returned had a 5day period and now this period going on day 7 normal?

Dr. Navita Modi

In brief: Donot worry

Once you stop ocps it takes sometime for your body to adjust to hormonal imbalance so hang in there if it does not become regular in couple of cycles then see your obgyn

In brief: Donot worry

Dr. Navita Modi
Dr. Navita Modi
Dr. Christine Hom

In brief: Birth control

If your regular cycle came back exactly on time, this sounds like everything is working fine.
Your body may need a few months to fully take control of your period after being in birth control pills.

In brief: Birth control

Dr. Christine Hom
Dr. Christine Hom
Dr. John Berryman

In brief: Extended period ?

"Normal cycles" are heavier than those caused by oral contraceptives, because the amount of estrogen which makes the lining of the womb grow is higher, therefore more bleeding when a period occurs.
If the bleeding persists, go to GBMC for an exam and tests ( used to live in Owings Mills).

In brief: Extended period ?

Dr. John Berryman
Dr. John Berryman
Dr. Jane Van Dis