Hi I suffer from a terrible short term memmory...Should I be worried?

Dr. Martha Stark
In brief: More remedies
Pregnenolone is a natural sex hormone that boosts short-term memory.
Niacin (a b vitamin) also enhances short-term memory and comprehension. Sage helps the memory and quickens the senses. All of the above remedies can be purchased from a good health food store. Also, staying "present, " "focused, " and "engaged" in the moment will improve concentration, attention, and retention.

In brief: More remedies
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
In brief: Lots of remedies
Floral scents (aromatherapy) have been shown to improve memory and learning speed by about 17%; jasmine is particularly effective in improving concentration -- a critical component in "retention" of information.
Dr. Robert stickgold, a sleep researcher at harvard, has discovered that a good 1-hr nap provides more opportunity for memory consolidation than 8 hours of sleep -- amazing!

In brief: Lots of remedies
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Michelle King
In brief: It depends.
There are several possible causes of memory problems, including depression, anxiety, sleep problems, and others.
If you’re noticing memory impairment and are distressed by it, I would suggest an evaluation for not only your memory, but also what’s called pseudo-dementia to rule out other problems, or to treat your memory problem if that's what is the issue at hand. Good luck!

In brief: It depends.
Dr. Michelle King
Dr. Michelle King
Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: Probably Not
It sounds like it's been an ongoing issue for some time.
At the same time, it's worth getting evaluated as it is also clearly effecting your quality of life. Depression, vitamin deficiencies, & thyroid problems are a few of the reversible causes of cognitive problems. If a thorough medical evaluation doesn't show anything, you may want to get neuropsychological testing --- could be add.

In brief: Probably Not
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote