I had my tubes tied in 2000 can I still get pregnant ?

Dr. William Dailey
In brief: Not usually
The stock answer is no.
Tubal ligation is ment to be permanent. There are rare failures but generally pregnancy is not a possibility. There is a way to reverse the procedure but it is costly, can be dangerous, and is usually not effective.

In brief: Not usually
The stock answer is no.
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: NOT IMPOSSIBLE
Remember, there is a failure rate depending on which type of tubal ligation was done.
Most are quoted as 1:1000 to 1:3000 pregnancy risks so check asap if you miss a period or have symptoms of pregnancy. Otherwise, relax knowing you have one of the best permanent contraception methods available.

In brief: NOT IMPOSSIBLE
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Jane Van Dis