I'm on .05 estrogen patch(hysterectomy ) was thinking of stopping,my Dr said it's more benificial to keep it health wise. is that true, is hrt bad. ty?

Dr. Timothy Brown

In brief: No simple answer

Books are written about this! This is a very reasonable treatment and you may very well feel better on it.
It is harder to say you will be healthier. Side effects and complications are rare but can be serious, so it is mostly a question of quality of life and how much benefit you are seeing. I see no reason why you can't stop for a while to see how you feel. You can always return to it.

In brief: No simple answer

Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham