I had a tooth abscess that caused the lymph nodes along my jaw to swell on one side. If someone accidentally hit that lymph node, would it swell more? I was accidentally hit right in my jaw by my younger brother and now have lots of swelling and pain

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Infection

An abscess is a virulent infection requiring immediate treatment.
By the time it causes lymph node enlargement it is rapidly overcoming your body's defense mechanisms. Traumatically striking already damaged tissue can cause excessive damage. Important that you see a Dentist, Endodontists, or Oral Surgeon immediately.

In brief: Infection

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Call the dentist who

Call the dentist who is treating you for advice and an evaluation.
If you didn't see one, see one right away! We can't diagnose, evaluate or treat you over the internet.

In brief: Call the dentist who

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine