Why are my lips cyanotic? I am not cold or short of breath but I have been having heart palpitationa lately. I am 23 and diagnosed with sle

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Probably anemia
The main problem here is systemic lupus erythematosus -- you must have the right medical program by a specialist in this area to control this serious conditiion! the reason your lips is cyanotic is possibly because you have functional anemia ie low hemoglobin level (oxygen carrying agent) and this is related to the sle -- please find the sle expert in your area-consider university medical center.

In brief: Probably anemia
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Raynaud
This could also be raynaud's phenomenon, more common in lupus, though rarely affecting lips.
Your rheumatologist should be able to treat this.

In brief: Raynaud
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology