My mother is on the verge of becoming diabetic anthing I can do to help stop it?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Weight loss
Pancreatic function tends to weaken as we age, so eventually she still may develop diabetes down the road of she is borderline now.
7-10% weight loss an reduce risk of diabetes or at least slow the progression. Ask her doctor if they believe metformin is right for her.

In brief: Weight loss
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology
In brief: Probably
There is very good evidence that strict adherence to a program of diet and exercise can potentially reverse the path of pre-diabetes.
This should be done with a diabetologist and probably a registered dietician. There is also growing evidence that the use of metformin in this situation is very helpful.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Andrea Brand