I have a pain in my one hip or joint which is sensitive when I touch it however I can walk without pain. What could be the problem?

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Requires exam

evaluation, imaging, diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: Requires exam

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Alan Steinbach

In brief: More than hip

assuming no obvious skin rash or infection, might be due to compression of a nerve (tool belt) or a myofascial pain (ileo-tibial band), or inflammation of one of the 'cushions' (bursa) around the hip joint.
Also, problems in the knee can sometimes appear to be pains in the hip. Best consult your PCP who might refer to Osteopath, Physiatrist, or Physical Therapist.

In brief: More than hip

Dr. Alan Steinbach
Dr. Alan Steinbach
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Hip pain

How long has this been going on ? Have you tried anything like motrin if not allergic or you don't have kidney issues to see if it helps? If < 1 week and no rash yet could be an early sign of shingles.
if this is so see a doctor as some medicines may decrease the duration and pain. Could also possibly be an mild tendonitis. or atypical back pain or a ganglion cyst at the spot f/u/ w/ do

In brief: Hip pain

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Arnon Rubin