Chances that a TVUS and pelvic MRI w/contrast missed ovarian cancer? I experienced sudden and PERSISTENT pelvic pain + distention 3 mo ago. I had a GI + gyne workup (not even a cyst found) , and am vegan/gf. Feel like I've ruled it all out but OvCa.

Dr. John Berryman

In brief: Ovarian cancer ?

Ovarian cancer is unlikely, unless you have a strong family history and are over 35.
If your "gyn workup" did not include laparoscopy, it is possible to "miss" ovarian ca even with a TVUS/MRI. Pelvic endometriosis is a possibility given your symptoms, and laparoscopy at the time of your period can provide a diagnosis for this condition.

In brief: Ovarian cancer ?

Dr. Brad Douglas

In brief: Ovarian CA

There is NO good test for ovarian cancer - as the only way to know for sure is with a surgical specimen.
On the bright side - IF you have normal appearing ovaries on an US, CT, MRI, etc - then it would be UNLIKELY to have Ovarian CA. You can consult me if you would like. Thank you

In brief: Ovarian CA

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham