I wore braces for 4 years.Removed them last April,and my Dr told me to wear retainers 24*7.i didn't wear them,now i got gaps in front teeth,wt to do?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Retention

Retention is an active part of your Orthodontic care.
There were good and just reasons for your treating Dentist or specialist Orthodontist's recommendation. Your choices are to return to your Orthodontist for active treatment to revise and then an intensive retention program, or accept that your teeth have moved and will continue to do so.

In brief: Retention

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Ortho retention

You have two choices.
Either see the Orthodontist to correct the shifting of the teeth and then commit to wearing the retainers as recommended or......accept the consequences for what happens if you stop wearing the retainers.

In brief: Ortho retention

You have two choices.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Andrea Brand