Im a brand new mom and my milk is drying up, but I don't want to give my baby formula. What can I do?

In brief: Pump/feed often

Breastmilk supply does its best to keep up with demand so if you think your milk production is falling a little short increase the demand.
A couple times a day pump after your baby nurses. Stimulating your breasts when they're empty tells your body "the baby finished all the milk and is still hungry - i better make more". And remember to rest when you can, eat well, and stay hydrated.

In brief: Pump/feed often

Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Willa Terry

In brief: Breast feeding tips

If you are ill or under a lot of stress, or take certain medications, your milk supply may be low.
Also, hormonal disorders such as a thyroid imbalance can cause low breast milk volume. Assuming you have no medical problems try these tips: 1/eat when the baby eats and sleep when the baby sleeps - rest is important 2/ drink lots of liquids 3/ nurse your baby every 2 hours for at least 20 minutes.

In brief: Breast feeding tips

Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Theresa Willett
Some moms swear by fenugreek tea as an additional way to help with supply. Stress is a big factor,though, and hard to avoid! A hand or electric pump might help stimulate milk production between feeds, but if he seems satisfied for more than 2 hours, is peeing, pooping well, he may be getting plenty after all!
Dr. Adam Levy