Had Ct scan found a 5.8mm lung nodule non calcified they said no follow up needed if non smoker I don't smoke should I get a Ct scan in a year?

Technically, no. Fleischner Society Guideline Update 2017: Management of Solid Pulmonary Nodules now recommends that solid nodules 6 mm or less in diameter in low-risk adults >35 years old generally need no further follow-up. In higher-risk patients, a follow-up CT scan should be considered optional.
Listen to doctor. A calcified node is usually a result of healed infection and is not a risk factor for lung cancer. There is no need for a repeat CT scan.
Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.