Can a person who has forth stage cancer and taking oral chemo therapy get massage therapy?

Dr. Mary Sabado Babcock
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Massage Therapy

Certain types of massage therapy works well for cancer pain.
I would not recommend deep tissue massage, especially with the increased incidence of osteoporosis in cancer patients and the risk of pathologic fractures in advanced cancer patients. Effluerage and craniosacral massage therapy are effective and safe modalities for cancer pain.

In brief: Massage Therapy

Dr. Mary Sabado Babcock
Dr. Mary Sabado Babcock
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: I would encourage it

Neither one's cancer stage nor chemotherapy use should prevent one from having a massage.
Of course, be sure and communicate to the massage therapist any areas that they should be cautious about.

In brief: I would encourage it

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Andrea Brand