Tested positive for hpv non 16 and non 18 and abnormal pap (ASCUS). My husband is afraid to have sexual intercourse now?

In brief: Needs an education

In the pre-vaccine era some studies showed as many as 70% of women with blood evidence of prior HPV.
You are negative for the strains associated with oral cancer & he doesn't have a cervix. I don't know where he thinks he will find any woman that doesn't carry HPV. It would be nice if he can explore the data on HPV & visit with his doc on the issue. He does need a chance to learn & hopefully will

In brief: Needs an education

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham