What do you do if you think you had miscarriage?

Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: See your doctor
Delayed or excessive vaginal bleeding is a sign you might be having or had a miscarriage.
If you think you had a miscarriage, you should see your doctor. They will be able to do an ultrasound to check the contents of your uterus. You should also know what type of blood you have as you might need an injection called Rhogam to prevent future problems. I am sorry for your loss.

In brief: See your doctor
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Barbara Toppin
In brief: Call your doctor
If you experience bleeding and pain during early pregnancy you should call your provider. If you have no md consider going to the er or urgent care when experiencing those symptoms.
Later in pregnancy if you have decreased baby movements , pain or bleeding you should again call your md.

In brief: Call your doctor
Dr. Barbara Toppin
Dr. Barbara Toppin
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham