Good day Where do I take a 7 year old for nutritional status assessment? Is the assessment performed by General Practitioners or must I consult a dietician? Thank you

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

The initial evaluation may be performed by your PCP.
If you upload your child's growth chart, a virtual consult may be useful.

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh

In brief: Depends

This is part of a general health assessment in kids and relies on information from history, exam and charted material.
The growth chart of a kid is one of the better indicators of nutrition, since consistent growth requires an adequate diet. If you are looking at a more refined determination of nutrition, a visit with a clinical nutritionist will augment the doc's findings.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Cindy Juster