I read online there are lots of side effect for Lamisil. Is there any safe alternative cream to treat infant/toddler's athlete foot?

In brief: Safe ???

Lamisil is safe and effective when used appropriately & was deemed so by the food & drug administration back when it was only available by prescription.
After years of use, its track record allowed it to be released to the general public. Any med that is strong enough to help will have side effects in some people. I find it a safe med. Lotramin is another antifungal that is usually effective.

In brief: Safe ???