My right leg feels sore, there's a constant feeling like I need to stretch it, running from my glutes to my calves. ?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Muscle aching

and pain is almost always caused by overuse or strain in a young person such as yourself.
Since it feels like you need to stretch it, I would go ahead and do that. I would also apply heat (heating pad or warm, moist compresses), pursue massage, and NOT overuse it. With some TLC, you legs should feel better in a few days. If this goes on a couple of weeks or more, you should consult your Doctor.

In brief: Muscle aching

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Jade Erasmus
General Practice

In brief: Starting with basics

Tense muscles are a very common cause for feeling the need to stretch, and so are cramps.
I always recommend taking Magnesium and Calcium supplements for a week or so, and see what difference it makes. In addition, try warming the muscles with some fast walking for a few minutes a day, and doing gentle stretching after that. Review in a few days, at which point one can consider further testing.

In brief: Starting with basics

Dr. Jade Erasmus
Dr. Jade Erasmus
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Muscle tension

in leg needs to be looked at by your doctor. Perhaps strain, pinched nerve, or the result of the way you exercise.
Your doc MAY refer you for physical therapy. Peace and good health.

In brief: Muscle tension

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine