Dr please help. I think I suffer from dysmenorrhea but over the counter medications ALWAYS work for me. Should I check to see if I have endometriosis?

If concerned, yes. If you are concerned enough to ask this question then you should seek out a GYN MD to assess for Endometriosis. This disease is progressive, in many instances, and can interfere with future conception.
Dysmenorrhea. If you are sexually active at 27, and wish to preserve your fertility options, a low dose oral contraceptive will correct the dysmenorrhea and is the prescribed treatment for endometriosis. Taking the OCP's is tedious, but now safe for most women, and if you did have endometriosis, it will keep it in check until/unless you desire pregnancy.