I am experiencing delusions and feeling depressed. I am diagnosed with Bipolar type 1. I recently started Saphris 10mg at night and Cymbalta 30mg. What can I do other than medication to ease these problems while the medicine takes time to work?

Dr. Robert Kohn

In brief: Therapy, talk

Depression with psychoses poses a dangerous situation.
The best protection against impulsive behavior is to connect with care givers and supportive friends/family daily.Your med visit should be 7-10 days since starting meds. Absolutely avoid alcohol and cannabis.

In brief: Therapy, talk

Dr. Robert Kohn
Dr. Robert Kohn
Dr. Jerry Smith
While medication can certainly help, engaging in psych therapy can help you structure your environment and thinking patterns in such a way as to support you, minimize triggers, and better manage symptoms.
Dr. Jerry Smith
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy...

In brief: Therapy...

Dr. Jerry Smith
Dr. Jerry Smith