I lost my insur 4 months ago and can no longer afford my Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) 30 mg XR I've been on for 3yr. I am experi problems now. Is there an OTC equil?

Dr. Kimberly Erway

In brief: Talk with your Dr

Adderall XR is still a pretty expensive drug.
However, generic Adderall and generic Ritalin (methylphenidate) are less expensive. Your doctor may be able to give you a 3 month supply of one of these (under code b if in ny) and you may be able to get it from a deeply discounted pharmacy such as walmart or a membership club, or mail-order pharmacy. Good luck.

In brief: Talk with your Dr

Dr. Kimberly Erway
Dr. Kimberly Erway
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: No

What you could do is contact the manufacturer. Show them proof that you were legitimately on this medication and quite often they can mail you samples for free.
There's a special form to fill out, and i believe your physician also needs to fill out a portion of the form. Don't buy it on the internet. It is a schedule ii drug. Dea can prosecute you for this without a valid prescription.

In brief: No

Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Eric Weisman