I broke my pinky toe 5 months ago. Never went to doc as I've been told they cant do much for a broken toe. It's still swollen, slightly bruised and very painful. Now experiencing pain in heel of foot as well. What should I do?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Get it checked now

How do you know you broke your bone in the bone of your small toe.
It seems you ignored an injury to your 5th toe which might have been fractured and we don't know if it was simple fracture which might have needed xrays and appropriate treatment.At this stage I suggest you consult your doctor or a podiatrist and get it checked and treated appropriately

In brief: Get it checked now

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine