During an ultrasound to confirm miscarriage, the tech asked me if I was on clomid and whether I had been diagnosed with PCOS. Why would they ask this?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Ovarian enlargement

The ultrasound tech must have seen significant ovarian enlargement also seen in PCOS and clomid patients.
Ovarian enlargement also occurs in pregnancy when the corpus luteum is developing to supply progesterone to the pregnancy.

In brief: Ovarian enlargement

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Lyndon Taylor

In brief: String of Pearls

Clomid is a medication used to induce ovulation in Women who have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

On Ultrasound you see small cysts lined up under the cortex of the ovary giving the classic appearance of a “string of pearls” diagnostic for PCOS

In brief: String of Pearls

Dr. Lyndon Taylor
Dr. Lyndon Taylor
Dr. Jane Van Dis