I have severe allergic reactions to wheat and gluten. Get very bad skin rashes, blotches of little watery blisters and red bumps. Migraines. How do I know if its just an allergy or if it's celuiac disease?

Dr. Luis Matos
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma

In brief: Intestinal problems?

The main difference if that Celiac Disease causes damage to the intestines and with that, cramping and diarrhea.
All of your symptoms except for the watery blisters can be caused by the wheat allergy and possibly other grass grains (barley, rye, oats, rice and rarely corn) Wheat, barley and rye contain gluten. The others don’t but sometimes can be cross-contaminated.

In brief: Intestinal problems?

Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Vikram Patel