I have joint pain in many places including the back and shoulder. No cold or fever. What could it be? I live in india, if that matters.

Pathology

In brief: Many things

Join pains in the back and shoulder could be due to autoimmune disorder, osteoarthritis, spinal misalignment, etc.
A full examination, lab tests and x-ray may be needed to for a diagnosis.

In brief: Many things

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: A variety of things

We see different reasons for your pain.
There may be reasons endemic to india, usually local infectious conditions. It not the case consider a variety of musculoskeletal conditions including fibromyalgia, arthritis, bursitis, muscle syndromes - each of which may explain your symptoms. Your physician will need to look at each of these possibilities to help define for symptoms.

In brief: A variety of things

We see different reasons for your pain.
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine