I got tested for herpes it was negative in May . I went to the doctor in august and she had a vagina cut from lack of lubrication. Should I get another blood test for herpes? Can I trust the clinics answer? I read on the internet a lot which scaresme

Pathology

In brief: Not herpes

This isn't how herpes presents.
Minor trauma during intercourse is common; it's worth it and good lubrucation can help. Most internet scare sites are disinformation ("What your doctor doesn't know / won't tell you") designed to sell you something worthless. Ignore them and stop worrying about something you do not have.

In brief: Not herpes

This isn't how herpes presents.
Dr. Lori Lange

Yes The clinic lab is correct.
However there are two tests. IgM and Ig G. These tell if you were recently exposed or have the infection. Which is negative?
If you use a condom during intercourse you decrease the risk of contracting HSV-2.
See a doctor to get repeat labs and more answers for your question.

Yes The clinic lab is correct.
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Jane Van Dis