I am looking to take liquid vitamin B12 for lack of energy. What would the recommended dosage be if I am not quite certain I am actually deficient?

Pathology

In brief: Need more info

Unless you are deficient in B12, taking B12 will not make a difference.
Body needs about 3-5 micrograms of B12/day. Taking more will not do harm.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Get HPV vaccine, if you are under 27 years of age.

In brief: Need more info

Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: See a good doctor

As Dr. Fowler said, it's easy to get tested to see if you have low B12 BUT there are MANY other possible causes including anemia, thyroid and other hormonal imbalances, other vitamin/mineral/amino acid deficiencies, all sorts of chronic infections (viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic), environmental or food allergies, environmental toxins, sleep apnea,stress etc.
Please see an integrative Dr.

In brief: See a good doctor

Please see an integrative Dr.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Not to say B12 deficiency may not be possible. I advise a quality multivitamin with methylcobalamin as well as the L-5-MTHF form of folate such as ONE Multivitamin from Pure Encapsulations, as you might have other nutrient deficiencies too.Here is a good article on B12: http://tinyurl.com/ofaclgs Hypothyroidism/thyroiditis is very common but needs thorough testing: http://wp.me/p3gFbV-5b4

In brief: If you are concerned

about being vitamin deficient - this can actually be confirmed through lab test.
Right now, you may be guessing about the cause of your low energy level - wouldn't it be better to actually know what is wrong - so that the correct solution can be applied?

In brief: If you are concerned

You are welcome. (:
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham