I fell off my Moantain bike yesterday. My wrist is bruised and swollen on the bottom of my wrist. I can move my fingers. Is it just sprained?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Could be more.

You should have your wrist elevated in an urgent care center. You would likely need some x-rays.
Falling off a mountain bike in this way, especially if you went over the handlebars, is an easy set up for fractures of the forearms.

In brief: Could be more.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Lori Lange

In brief: Maybe

The hand attaches to the fingers.
There is no way to tell if you have a bone fracture without an X ray. You might also need a distal forearm X ray depending on where it hurts. Can split the wrist, use ice, take ibuprofen until you get to doctors for prescription and X rays.

In brief: Maybe

The hand attaches to the fingers.
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc

In brief: At least

Fractures are as common and would recommend checking in with your doc to rule out a fracture.

In brief: At least

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine