Is it safe to use Benzethonium Chloride (such as Wet Ones wipe) on 1-month old infant boy's face? He got acne and Dr suggested Antibacterial soap, but it was hard to apply. I am thinking of using just water and then wipe with Wet One without rinse.

Dr. Christine Hom

In brief: Baby rashes

Baby rashes get better on their own.
Washing the baby with warm water and your usual baby soap/baby wash will be fine. That being said, I wonder if there is Benzethonium Chloride in baby wipes?

In brief: Baby rashes

Baby rashes get better on their own.

In brief: Maybe, but why...

Why look at it that way? Maybe it has nothing to do with bacteria.
Babies have no bacteria before birth. In vaginal deliveries, babies are coated with Mom's vaginal and poop bacteria (is nature's design). Note that C-section babies miss this oppornity. Babies must get natural bacterial to have normal health. After birth, a baby's hormonal balance changes, which is in part responsible for rashes.

In brief: Maybe, but why...