Why does my vagina smell?

Usually bacteria. There are normally a number of different bacteria and yeast present in the vagina. Over 70% of women have gardnerella vaginalis in the vagina. The different bacteria keep each other in check and the vagina typically has a benign odor. When one bacteria overgrows (especially g. Vaginalis) a foul odor can occur. Other reasons for an odor are infections (pid), yeast, and foreign body (lost tampon).
Vagina smell. The first possible reason is a bacterial, abnormal ph, check fwith your gynecologist, pap smear, sc, others.