I had an abscess tooth was a bump beside it I want to feel what it was and it kind of felt like it dropped and I was swollen something do I need to go?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Absolutely

An abscess is an infection, & all infections in the body can spread & potentially be life threatening.
Are you under the care of a dentist and being treated? Please see and discuss with your own dentist ASAP! the absence of pain does not mean that the problem is not serious. If swelling increases, you have a fever or difficultly breathing or swallowing, to to 24/7 medical facility immediately

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Ronald Ward
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Abscess

Probable fistula tract.
Need to see dentist for x-rays, possible root canal, possible extraction

In brief: Abscess

Probable fistula tract.
Dr. Ronald Ward
Dr. Ronald Ward
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: If you are having

pain, fever, swelling or discharge from the area you should get it checked out.
I assume you have a followup with your dentist after treatment anyway. If not, then you should in about a week.

In brief: If you are having

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Abscess

An abscess is an infection.
It requires immediate attention by a Dentist. Physicians do not treat cause of Dental abscess. If you expressed some of the pus from the "bump" and swallow it it will be destroyed by gastric juices. But the abscess itself needs to be treated right away. Call a Dentist, now.

In brief: Abscess

An abscess is an infection.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine