Why do I wake up every day with my hand swollen. I had surgery due to car accident broken bone and damaged nerves in that hand.

Dr. Mark Lubienski
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Venous issue?

May have also injured veins in hand and arm which may cause tendency to swell.
Try sleeping with hand elevated on pillow and the more regularly you exercise hand and arm the tendecy should gradually go away. If elevation does not reduce swells ng may need evaluation for clot in veins

In brief: Venous issue?

Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

Swelling right after surgery can be normal in the short term, but you may need to follow up with your surgeon to make sure you are healing properly and don't have an infection.

In brief: See below

Dr. Eric Weisman