When I point my toes or stretch my legs, my calfs get horrible charlie horses, what should I do?

Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine
In brief: Calf pain
Sounds like your calf muscles are cramping.
Do you exercise your legs? If not then you should try doing a specific leg program to strengthen your calf muscles. You will need to do 4-5 sets of 20-25 reps of calf raises. Also i would incorporate exercises for your quads snd hamstrings and even your glutes. Progressive resistance exercises is the best way to prevent muscle problems.

In brief: Calf pain
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Loss of cell energy
When there is no energy the muscle cramps due to exhaustion - need co-q 10 supplements, carnitine and glutamine.
If this continues it is a sign of sarcopenia early sign of muscle loss - check my youtube video on this subject .

In brief: Loss of cell energy
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown