I had a DES placed in my LAD 30 days ago. How long does it take for the endothilial cells to cover the stent cage in this type of stent?

Dr. Anita Prakash
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Atleast 1 year

In order for struts of stent to be fully endothelialised and before one can even consider altering dual amtiplatelet therapy, a full 12 months ought to pass.
There are other features such as lesion length, and angulation that may warrant even longer DAPT - discuss with ur interventional cardiologist. Data suggests outcome curves continue to diverge, so benefit upto 18 months post DES for dapt.

In brief: Atleast 1 year

Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Jane Van Dis