What are the chances of small uterine polyp turning into cancer? I possibly have 1cm avascular polyp. Can I just leave it like my dr said I could?

Dr. Roger Duvivier

In brief: Risks are very small

The vast majority of endometrial polyps are benign and do not "turn into cancer" particularly in young women like you.
Some polyp can resolve spontaneously. You and your Gyn can make an informed shared decision to "just leave it."

In brief: Risks are very small

Pathology

In brief: You may

The risk of uterine cancer at your age is remote.
You may leave the polyp alone as your doctor suggested. If you get irregular bleeding, discharge, especially foul smelling discharge or pain on intercourse, see your doctor and consider getting it removed.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

In brief: You may

Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. Jane Van Dis