When can I exercise after cateract surgery?

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology
In brief: Restrictions
Depends on the exercise.
Ask your surgeon. My restrictions are, no bending at the waist and no heavy lifting (10 lb) for 1 wk. Then you can return to normal routine. Other caveats: always have eye protection, no underwater activity for a month, or any other extreme spots, ie. Bungie jumping......

In brief: Restrictions
Depends on the exercise.
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Scott Silodor
Ophthalmology
In brief: Up to your Dr.
With uncomplicated cataract surgery i let my patients walk around and perform mild activity the next day.
After one week i let them resume all activities including vigorous excercise. Your surgeon should be able to tell you his post-op recommendations prior.

In brief: Up to your Dr.
Dr. Scott Silodor
Dr. Scott Silodor
Dr. A J OByrne
Ophthalmology
In brief: Within days
If it's a clear cornea, no stitch procedure, you should be able to within 2 or 3 days.
You just have to make sure nothing gets in the operated eye.

In brief: Within days
Dr. A J OByrne
Dr. A J OByrne
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery