Can I give my 2 and a half year old Stemetil 5mg suppositories for stomach bug. She is vommitting , her older sister is busy recovering from it.

Dr. Anhkiet Tran
Urgent Care

In brief: I would not use it

This medication can cause some unusual face and body movement especially with kids.
I would not use especially with suppositories since it can have a longer acting effect. You can go with oral medications and select the dose appropriate for age so better consult with a doctor for a correct prescription.

In brief: I would not use it

Dr. Craig Lum
Surgery

In brief: 2 and 1/2 vomiting

You can probably use the medication, but the dosing will be an issue.
Your younger daughter is younger than you and will need a lower dose. Better talk to your GP or daughter's pediatrician first than risk an unintended overdose.

In brief: 2 and 1/2 vomiting

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham