I was diagnosed with torn ACL years ago. Avid runner, pulled hamstring behind knee, not healing - I would like to still jog in 20 years, can I go without knee surgery or require to have one if I want to continue jogging to exercise?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Pulled hamstring

is not a surgical treatment as far as I know , it hurts, you rest it and then it gets better. If someone had an old acl and had been active for years i wouldn't counsel reconstruction unless the issue is significant instability and joint issues, talk to your orthopedic surgeon and make sure you get a good understanding about th ow these injuries are likely independent of each other

In brief: Pulled hamstring

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Mueeza Zafar
Was your ACL repaired ?
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine