Hi doctor if bile duct is obstructed then is it possible to treat it without operation?

In brief: Blocked bile duct

the bile duct should be able to unblock itself through a natural spasmic action.
if the bile duct obstruction cannot be relieved a stent may be inserted in a day procedure to allow drainage. if this is not possible and or the gall bladder is affected you may require a bigger procedure. Plan the surgery and speak to your dr and anesthesist

In brief: Blocked bile duct

Dr. Riyas Fadal
Dr. Riyas Fadal

In brief: ERCP

Depending on where the obstruction is.
If it is at or near the opening of the duct in the small bowel it can sometimes be managed by an endoscopic procedure - via a camera through the stomach - without having to cut through the abdominal wall. No medications that work though, according to my knowledge.....if that is what you were inquiring about

In brief: ERCP

Depending on where the obstruction is.
Dr. HENRY THOMAS DU PLOOY
Dr. HENRY THOMAS DU PLOOY
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery