I've been having a bit of trouble with what I believe to be a recurring hydrocele, ie. my right testicle area routinely filling up with water, becoming larger and heavier, then draining just as quickly. Could this be the result of an infection?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: I think if this

symptom was due to recurrent or persistent infection you would likely have more symptoms: redness, heat, pain, tenderness, maybe even fever.
There is often inflammation that accompanies the fluid accumulation associated with a hydrocele. I advise you see a Doctor, preferably a urologist for evaluation. Most helpful to go when the scrotum/testicle is swollen. Ultrasound examination is most useful.

In brief: I think if this

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Hydrocele

is a structural situation, not infection.
Please see a urologist for a definitive diagnosis. Your primary care doc can refer you. If you are correct, surgery can correct it. Peace and good health.

In brief: Hydrocele

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery