My twins are 20 month old, born premature (at 33 week). Is it normal for them to have only 6 teeth?

In brief: Probably yes
If toddlers are happy, healthy, and growing, they are unlikely to have a medical problem that is slowing their teeth eruption.
The doctor would know, as he has seen the kids for >8 check-ups already. Kids erupt primary teeth on their own schedule, with some normal kids being "late" on their teeth. A pediatric dentist can check to see if all is ok, but in general, the teeth eventually appear.

In brief: Probably yes
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Yes, but...
Premature youngsters take a while to catch up.
6 teeth @ 20 months is on the slow end of a normal distribution. Your children should have started seeing a pediatric dentist at age 1. They are specialists in skeletal and dentitional growth and development. If you have not taken them yet, please call to make an appointment.

In brief: Yes, but...
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
It's ok to have 6 teeth at 20 months, although they are getting their teeth slower than the average baby.
Ask the grandparents when mom and dad's teeth erupted; there's often a family pattern.

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Dave Burns
Dentistry
In brief: 24 months all in
At 24 months all deciduous teeth are supposed to be erupted however boys are slower than girls.
I would knot be to concerned if radiographically all teeth are seen.

In brief: 24 months all in
Dr. Dave Burns
Dr. Dave Burns
Dr. Jane Van Dis