Is fiorcet ok for migranes?

Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Anti-Aging Medicine
Even though it has fda approval for tension headaches, it can also be used for migraine ha.
Not my first choice. Imitrex (sumatriptan) is more effective.

Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management
In brief: Severe Headache
You must first find out if you have true migraines, because the treatment is very different.
Most people incorrectly believe that a real bad headache is a "migraine". Not so! a migraine is a specific central nervous system originating ha where most (85%) of headaches, even bad ones, come out of the neck. Untreated, simple ha can lead to "secondary migraines" with migraine-type features.

In brief: Severe Headache
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Vikram Patel