I have/had(?) hematometra and had a D&C to remove the blood. My obgyn doesn't know what caused it. No visible causes, should I be worried?

Dr. Jennifer Austin

In brief: Hematometra

In many cases, the d&c is enough to cure the problem. Some people just have a narrow cervical opening which can be blocked by anything from inflammation to nothing at all.
The d&c opens up this canal, which is the correct treatment if this occurred. Most of the time the hematometra does not come back, especially at your age. There is usually not a visible cause, just a narrow or blocked cervix.

In brief: Hematometra

Dr. Jennifer Austin
Dr. Jennifer Austin
Dr. Adam Levy