Severe pain in mid back x4m (r side) that goes to the L of my r hip (back) which wraps around into my r hip(front) and dwnthe inside of r thigh. Causes limp,No inj, what else could it be? Dr said piriformis syn but I don't have any pain in my butt.

Dr. Philip Galapon

In brief: Strap sprain

Your pain does sound like it comes from the back due to a disc or nerve, however it could also be from a strain of the strap muscles inside the leg that attach to the pubis (bony part of the pelvis in the front) and is referred to the back.
I would definitely have it rechecked by your physician to see if a referral is necessary.

In brief: Strap sprain

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: MRI

sounds like lumbar radiculopathy, either due to disc herniation or nerve compression.
Do not ignore these symptoms and I suggest both orthopedic and neurologic consultations.

In brief: MRI

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine